we plan the world of tomorrow.
Extension of the presidential palace of Djibouti
TECHNITAL STARTED THE FINAL DESIGN OF THE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE OF DJIBOUTI AFTER AN EVALUATION MISSION, CARRIED OUT BY AN ARCHITECT IN 2009, REGARDING WORKS AND TENDER PROCEDURES.
Location: Djibouti, Djibouti
Client: Government of Djibouti
Period: 01/2010 – 07/2011
The scope of the services carried out comprised the following activities:
- Architecture and civil engineering: waterproofing, metal structure, external paving, paintworks, etc..
- Mechanical systems: acoustic and thermal studies for the external walls and windows, plumbing, sanitary and drainage networks.
- Electrical systems: smoke detection systems, electrical network, lifts, lighting, etc.
All these activities as well as the revision of the structural project were not included in the framework of the initial agreement and were not part of the tasks to be realized by the Contractor. In fact, the initial framework of the contract (“Design and Build” – conception and construction comparable to the FIDIC Yellow Book) did not appear to be very suitable for a good advancement of works. For this reason, the Government of Djibouti agreed to revise the project framework and decided to award TECHNITAL the development of the missing activities as well as the construction supervision. Regarding the construction supervision, TECHNITAL mobilized the following staff:
- 1 architect
- 1 structural engineer
- 1 quantity surveyor
- 3 construction site inspectors
- others as required by specific needs (an electrical engineer and a geologist will realize some visits within the site in order to evaluate the good advancement of works)