we plan the world of tomorrow.
Engineering consultancy services for Community College in Dukhan
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT IS TO PROVIDE A NEW MODERN SCHOOL CAMPUS (INTERNATIONAL QUALITY WITH IGCSE REQUIREMENTS) FOR QATAR PETROLEUM IN DUKHAN. TECHNITAL IS DEVELOPING THE DESIGN FOR THE DCC AND ALL ITS COMPONENTS BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, STUDY THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND IMPLICATIONS, RATIONALIZE THE SPATIAL REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO FULLY SATISFY THE INTENDED USAGE OF THE SCHOOL CAMPUS.
Location: Dukhan, Qatar
Client: Qatar Petroleum
Cost of total Works: 100,000,000 €
Period: 03/2008 – 02/2011
Technital is performing all architectural, civil, structural, interior design, internal and external signage, landscaping, irrigation, building services, electrical, telecom, IT / ELV System, life safety and loss prevention design work as part of the SERVICES.
- Parking: A protected under-ground parking has been designed, provided with adequate number of signposted car stalls for disabled people;
- Drop-off points for minibuses and coaches have been provided; such facility is intended for all pupils who will be assisted by the staff of the school as soon as they reach the premises of the college;
- Entrance routes and change of levels in the site of the Dukhan Community College include ramps, and their design minimizes the effect of the gradient; paths are minimum 1800 mm wide, or 1200 mm with passing spaces;
- Entrances to the building are completely accessible, clearly signposted and well lit, and related doors are automatic
- All connecting spaces/pathways have dimensions which allow wheelchair users to move
- Clear and easily readable signage has been designed on purpose
- Minimum corridor width designed is 1200 mm, with doorset minimum 1000 mm wide.
- Issues of health & safety, security, and means of escape are all addressed and complying with NFPA 101; items such as fire hosereels and extinguishers are positioned to be clearly visible but not obstruct or create hazards for visually disabled people
- All stairs are provided with due indicators and handrails
- As alternative to internal stairs the building has been provided with passenger lifts connecting all the levels; lifts have unobstructed space (1500x1500) at each landing in front of the doors and 1100x1400 within the car
- Doors have been included only where needed, and they are always easily gripped and operated, clearly visible and contrasted against the background
- Lavatories for disabled people have been provided (2 every toilet block) allowing the use with or without assistance;
- Fixed seating are at a height of 400-500 mm and any counter (libraries and school offices) have knee space for wheelchairs users (800 mm)