we plan the world of tomorrow.
PROJECTS OF SECTOR ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- E.I.A. AND MONITORING PLANS
- pedemontana lombarda motorway (mp)
- flood control works on the olona river
- opportunities to implement sustainable strategies in the maritime sector
- “gronda” highway bypass
- new multipurpose platform in vado ligure
- new port layout along the "po di levante", river po delta
- consultancy services for design update of zone 40 in doha
- roads and infrastructures in doha
- strategic and environmental impact assessment for the new master plan of the trieste port
- assessment of hydraulic interventions on the arno river drainage channel
- WASTE AND REMEDIATION
- confined dumpsite to be used as container terminal in the port of naples
- treatment plant for dredged sediments from the arno river drainage channel in pisa.
- environmental recovery of a dumpsite for steelworks close to lake como
- ECOLOGICAL AND LANDSCAPE DESIGN
- shallows of the venice lagoon
- landscape works for the syracuse-gela motorway
- ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING
- hydrodynamic models of the sea tides in the venice lagoon
Environmental engineering refers to mitigation measures or to measures to re-establish conditions previously in place in order to minimise the negative impact of new/existing projects on the environment.
Projects within this category employ very sophisticated tools and modern software for hydrodynamic modelling (i.e. for drying and flooding of tidal flats, density driven flows, wave induced stresses and mass fluxes, flow through hydraulic structures, wind driven flows including cyclonic / hurricane / typhoon winds), water quality modelling (i.e. for sewage and/or water outfall studies, recirculation of cooling water from power and desalination plants, effects of dredging on the environment, simulation of oil spills), ecological modelling, morphological modelling, air and noise pollution.
Projects belonging to this category refer to all stages of design, from concept and planning to preliminary and detailed design and relate to new infrastructures and the upgrading/ updating of existing ones.
Furthermore, they represent examples of construction management services provided to construction contractors and of works supervision support provided to clients.