we plan the world of tomorrow.
Upgrading of the Palermo-Agrigento railway line
THE PROJECT FOR IMPROVING THE PALERMO–AGRIGENTO RAILWAY LINE CONCERNS THE SECTION OF LINE BETWEEN FIUMETORTO STATION, IN THE PROVINCE OF PALERMO, AND AGRIGENTO CENTRAL STATION, FOR A TOTAL LENGTH OF JUST OVER 94 KM.
Cost of total Works: 166,472,100 €
Period: 09/2003 – 11/2004
The planned works include:
- realization of 14 alignment variants, with a design speed of 90-120 km/h, including related structures, for a total of approximately 25 km
- realization of a new line section, the “Lercara variant”, of about 6.3 km, design speed 140 km, with the construction of a tunnel 2.7 km long , including civil works and installations
- minor relocations of the permanent way at various points of the alignment
- realization of replacement works to eliminate all the level crossings (no. 26) along the existing Fiumetorto – Agrigento line
- realization of rail/road intermodal junctions for passengers, with the upgrading of the stations of Roccapalumba, Cammarata and Aragona
- improvement of the section Agrigento Bassa – Porto Empedocle, with works to improve the line quality, paying particular attention to the verification and consolidation of the structures (tunnels, bridges, protection and drainage works)
- upgrading of the existing tunnels to class C.22, with works on the tunnel linings and lowering of the tracks
- reclassification of the line to category C3 with the upgrading of the permanent way and the structures in view of the effect of the increased axle load and speed
- introduction of the higher speed limits C and P for faster trains (Intercity and Commuter trains)
- realization of new electric traction, safety, signalling and telecommunications installations and upgrading of the existing systems
Technital carried out the project in association with S.I.S. S.r.l., T.E.C.N.I.C. S.p.A., SYSTRA S.A. and SYSTRA-SOTECNI S.p.A.
Technital’s share of the contract was 35%.